JACO Outfitters, LLC offers New Mexico Mule Deer Hunts. Experience a New Mexico Mule Deer Hunt of a lifetime, when you go after the large mule deer in New Mexico. We only hunt mule deer in quality areas of the state. Our New Mexico mule deer hunts take place in Quality Units of New Mexico and a permit must be obtained from the New Mexico draw. JACO Outfitters, LLC will take care of the entire New Mexico application draw process.
JACO Outfitters, LLC offers five day hunts in the mountains of Northwest New Mexico as well as the mountains of Southwest New Mexico known as the Gila. Both of these areas are world famous for producing large heavy horned rocky mountain mule deer. Over the years, we have developed several different methods for consistently putting these large bucks in front of our hunters. Drawing for deer tags in New Mexico has the population on the increase. The guide ratio on deer hunts is one guide per two hunters unless a one guide with one hunter is purchased for an additional rate of $1000.00
We offer rifle, muzzleloader, and archery hunts from late October through mid January. During our archery hunts, it is not uncommon to see over one hundred deer a day.
To hunt deer in New Mexico, residents and nonresidents must first purchase a Game-hunting or Game-hunting and Fishing License before purchasing a Private Land-only Deer License or applying for a Deer Draw License.
New Mexico Mule Deer Hunt Dates/ RATES
What is included:
- Lodging and Accommodations
- All meals during the hunt plus dinner prior to your hunt beginning
- 2×1 Fully Guided Service
- Capping of the animal for trophy preparation
- Professional Photos of your trophy
What is Not included:
- State Hunting License – Non-Resident $365 Standard Unit
- State Hunting License – Non-Resident $450 Quality /High Demand Units
- The client is responsible for transportation to and from hunt location
- Motel accommodations following your hunt
- Personal gear /medication / amenities
- Camouflage, boots, weather appropriate attire (lighter clothing for archery)
- Binoculars, range finder
- Choice of Weapon
- Taxidermy Fees
- Arrive day before hunt begins in the afternoon ~ 3:00 PM
- Check in to your accommodations
- Go to the gun range with guides to check the sites of your weapon.
- Possible drive through by the hunt area if time permits
- Dinner the day prior to the hunt beginning / Continental Breakfast each morning
- Guides pick you up then it’s off to go hunting
- Lunch provided each day of the hunt
- Dinner following each days hunt
Public Land Deer Draw Licenses
A Public Land Deer Draw License is issued only through the regular public draw. To hunt public land, individuals must apply or a Public Land Deer Draw License The application deadline is March 28, 2012. Up to four hunters may apply per application for a Public Land Deer Draw License. Anyone applying for a license, MUST pay the full license and application fee when making application. Successful applicants will be issued a Public Land Deer Draw License. This license will indicate a hunt code and identify the Unit, sporting arms type, season dates and bag limit. Attached to the license will be a carcass tag. No additional deer license purchase is required. The Public Land Deer License authorizes the hunter to hunt on any open public land within the specified unit or hunt area and any private land in that unit (except for Units 2A, 2B, 2C, 4 and 5A) as long as they secure written permission from each landowner on whose property they hunt.